To: Fellow Members of the Players
From: Bob Cohn
This Wednesday, June 19th, at 6:00 PM, the Players will hold a very important Annual Meeting. The Club is in a difficult financial situation and the discussion and decisions made at this meeting could well determine the survival of the Club.
Please attend the meeting if you possibly can, and urge your fellow Players to do so as well.
If you are unable to attend, and favor change and transparency in the financial affairs of the Club, I urge you to fill out the Proxy Form (Click here to download) and select me - as Co-Chair of the Financial Audit Committee - to vote on your behalf on matters that will come up at the meeting.
If you do submit a Proxy, in order for your Proxy to count, it must be received at the Club office by 6:00 P.M. on Tuesday afternoon. If you are unable to deliver it in person, you may e-mail your signed copy to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to me at (212) 202-4935.
Among the issues to be discussed at the Annual Meeting are:
- Financial & Strategic Planning - When will members be provided with financial statements? Is there an operating plan and projections to assure the Club's continued operation and solvency? Will there be a budget and periodic reports to the Members?
How can the Club generate more revenue to offset its expenses?
- What is the status of the search for a new General Manager?
How will that position differ from that of the former Executive Director?
- Current status of the Sargent painting being sold by the Club, and what happens if there is no buyer
- What is the status of the Borro.com loan which was taken out against the painting's value? When is the next payment due? How will this Loan be paid off?
- What is the status and ultimate cost of the Fašade repair? When will it be completed? How will the expenses be paid?
- What is the relationship between the Players, the Players' Foundation, and the Library??
- What are the new rules and charges for the use of the Players' facilities
If you want to find out the answers to these questions - and favor change and transparency at the Players - please select me - Bob Cohn of the Financial Audit Committee - to vote your proxy.
Again, if you do submit a Proxy (click here to download
), in order for your Proxy to count
, it must be received at the Club office by 6:00 P.M. on Tuesday afternoon. If you are unable to deliver it in person, you may e-mail your signed copy to me at email@example.com or fax it to me at (212) 202-4935.
Thank you for your support!