Shopping Safety Tip
Stores and supermarkets are popular places for thieves to prowl. Shoppers often use the child seat of shopping cart to hold their purse and other personal items and this offers an opportunity for a thief. When the shopper turns their attention to an item on a shelf, a thief can easily move in and steal your wallet or pocketbook from the shopping cart. You only realize your property is gone when you are at the checkout counter.
CRIME PREVENTION SECTION TIP:
Don't create an opportunity for a thief. Don't become a victim. Next time you are using a shopping cart keep these tips in mind:
- DO NOT leave your pocketbook in the shopping cart.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Pay attention to people who look suspicious.
- If you suspect that someone seems to be lurking or following you around the store, alert store management.
- When possible shop without a purse.
- If you choose to carry a purse when shopping keep it closed and secured to your body.